A permit to establish a firearms association or change its rules
- Permit or other obligation
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The foundation of an association to practise the use of firearms is subject to a permit, unless the sole purpose of the association is to hunt.
A permit is also required to change an association’s rules if the association’s operation changes to include practising the use of firearms.
Do the following
Submit a free-form application to the registry of the Regional State Administrative Agency in whose area the association is located. The founders or signatories of the association must sign the application.
If you are founding an association, include the following details in the application and its attachments:
- the signatories of the charter, their personal IDs and place of residence
- the name and contact details of the contact person
- the original charter. The charter will not be returned, so you must make two copies of it. When registering the association, one will be sent to the National Board of Patents and Registration and the other as an application attachment to the Regional State Administrative Agency.
- the association rules
- the founders of the association must sign the application
- if only one founder is applying, they must provide a proxy from the other founders in order to apply for the permit.
If you are changing the rules of an association, include the following details in the application and its attachments:
- the members of the current board, their personal IDs and place of residence
- extract from the register of associations, no longer than three months old
- if the extract does not show who the current board members or signatories are, an extract from the minutes of the association meeting in which these people were elected
- name and contact details of the contact person
- an extract from the minutes of the association meeting in which the decision was made to change the association rules. If the valid association rules demand that two consecutive meetings are needed to decide on changing the association rules, include an extract from the minutes of the latter meeting as well.
- valid association rules
- the new rules or the outlined new rules for the association
- the signatories of the association must sign the application.
To whom and on what terms
The Regional State Administrative Agency (AVI) will request a statement from a police authority to process the permit.
Approximately one month.
Period of validity
The permit is valid until further notice.