Go directly to contents.

Immigration and emigration

Different permits may be required for arrival and residence in Finland depending on what country the person is from and what the reason for arriving in Finland is. The Ministry of the Interior is responsible for asylum seekers and refugees. Residence permits are granted by the Finnish Immigration Service. The integration of immigrants is managed by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, the Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment, and local authorities.