The Suomi.fi mobile application can be downloaded onto a mobile phone or tablet and enables you to receive decisions, notifications and other important official messages directly to your mobile device.
If you use push notifications, you will also receive notifications of incoming messages as push messages to your mobile device. You can change the notifications view from the device’s settings.
The Suomi.fi app includes all the same messages and functionalities as the Messages section of the Suomi.fi web service. If you wish, you can use them both.
The Suomi.fi application is available for Android and iOS mobile phones and tablets. To use the app, you must have
- at least the Android 4.4 or iOS 10.0 operating system on your phone. The Android version that fully covers the new functionalities is 5.0.
- the IPadOS 13.0 operating system in your tablet.
- Open the application on your phone or tablet.
- Log on using strong identification with your bank identification codes or a mobile certificate.
- Choose the identification code you want to use with the application.
- Give your consent to receiving electronic messages and enter your email address for notifications.
- The application is ready to use.
The Suomi.fi mobile application requires strong identification when the system is installed. For more information on e-identification see the About Suomi.fi e-Identification page.
After identification you decide the code you want to use in the future to log into the app.
When you start to use the Suomi.fi application, you give general consent that all official messages can be sent to you electronically. The message may also require proof of service which you have to confirm as having been received before you can open the message. The way messages are delivered can be changed later in the application’s settings.
When you install it, you also have to give an email address where you can receive notifications about messages that have arrived. Your email address is compulsory information. You can choose what language you want to receive email notifications in.
The default language of the application is the same as the language used by the phone’s application system. You can change the language in the application’s settings. The application is available in Finnish, Swedish and English.
Log into the application with the code determined during installation.
You must use strong identification when opening a message that requires confirmation of receipt (proof of service) or changing the identification code you use to access the service.
You do not need to log out when you stop using the app. The application will lock itself automatically after 30 seconds. You can lock it immediately by using the Lock application function.
If you log out of your device, all the message content will be removed from the device. Before the next time you use the app, you will need to log in again and identify yourself, after which the message will be retrieved to the app.
You can use the Suomi.fi application at the same time with at most five active devices. However only one user at a time can use the application on the same device.
- The devices you are using can be viewed in the app’s settings in “Log in and security”.
- You can also view the devices in your use in the Device Manager section of Suomi.fi Messages.
If you break your phone or lose it, you can sign out of the Suomi.fi application either in the Suomi.fi web service or by using another phone.
If you have not used the application for 120 days, or after 320 days at the latest, you will have to log in using strong identification again. This means that you will have to log in using either your bank identification codes or your mobile certificate.
Suomi.fi Messages is a secure way to exchange messages with government authorities.
- All of the user and message data is located on servers in Finland, and this data is not passed on to any third parties.
- The messages and attachments shown in the application are transmitted in encrypted form between the phone and the server.
- The app requires permissions to use your phone’s photographs and other files, so it can process attachments included in messages.
- The user is individually identified using strong identification. This means that you are the only person who can access your data.
If you break your phone or lose it, you can sign out of the Suomi.fi application either in the Suomi.fi web service or by using another phone. You can manage the devices you use
- in the mobile application section Settings > Logging in and security.
- in the Suomi.fi web server use the Device Manager section for Messages.
Device data will include the name of each device and the time at which the application has last been used. You can log out of the Suomi.fi application the devices you choose. Logging out will remove all Suomi.fi messages from the device you have selected. In this case, the Suomi.fi application cannot be used on the device until a new e-identification.