When you activate the service, you will get messages electronically from the e-services which use Suomi.fi Messages. Constantly, more e-services are introduced.
Once you have logged in and identified yourself in the Suomi.fi web service, you can view all your own message events in the event log. Information you can view includes.
The way messages are delivered can be changed later in the Suomi.fi Messages’ settings.
The use of Suomi.fi Messages requires strong identification in the Suomi.fi web service. The Identification link can be found in the top right-hand corner of each page. For more information on e-identification see the About Suomi.fi e-Identification page.
You can log in and identify yourself with
- internet banking codes
- a certificate card
- a mobile certificate.
When you start use of the Suomi.fi Messages, you give general consent that all official messages can be sent to you electronically in Suomi.fi Messages.
After you have given consent, the authorities and other organisation that use Suomi.fi Messages can send you messages (both normal and those that require confirmation of receipt) as well as documents related to decisions electronically to Suomi.fi Messages. In that case, the messages will not be delivered by post.
Suomi.fi Messages is free of charge to the user, but the authorities may charge a separate fee for the decision they have made and sent via Suomi.fi Messages.
Specify the email address to which you wish to receive notifications on the reception of messages in the settings for the Suomi.fi Messages service. You can also change the delivery method for messages to paper by changing the Suomi.fi Messages service’s settings. You can change the settings any time you want.
There is no age limit for using Suomi.fi Messages. Under-age children can start to use Suomi.fi Messages themselves if they have personal devices with strong identification.
A guardian can also act on behalf of their under-age children. In order for you to be able to use Suomi.fr Messages on behalf of your under-age child, you must be the child’s legal guardian in the Population Information System. Acting on behalf of a child can be blocked in some circumstances. You can read about that in more detail on these web pages Acting on behalf of another person.
Start using Suomi.fr Messages on behalf of an under-age child:
- Log into Suomi.fi using your own personal identification device. The Identification link can be found in the top right-hand corner of each page. For more information on e-identification see the About e-Identification page.
- Activate Suomi.fi Messages for yourself.
- Transfer to acting on behalf of your child by pressing the “Act on behalf of another person” button.
- Select the child on whose behalf you wish to act.
- After making the selection, return to the messages view and you will see that you are now acting on behalf of another person. Start using messages for your under-age child. Accept the delivery of electronic messages and fill in the email address where you want to receive automatic notification of messages that arrive for your child.
If you have given some other delivery information or address to the authorities when using services, the authorities will send the related notification, decision or other message according to the information you have provided. Even then, the authorities may send a copy of the message also to Suomi.fi Messages.