When you activate Suomi.fi Messages, you will get messages electronically from the services that use Suomi.fi Messages. Paper documents will no longer be sent to your home address. You can later change the delivery method for messages in the message settings.
Once you have logged in and identified yourself in the Suomi.fi web service, you can view all your own message events in the event log. Information you can view includes.
The use of Suomi.fi Messages requires strong identification in the Suomi.fi web service. The Identification link can be found in the top right-hand corner of each page.
You can log in and identify yourself with
- internet banking codes
- a certificate card
- a mobile certificate.
When you start use of the Suomi.fi Messages, you give general consent that all official messages can be sent to you in Suomi.fi Messages.
After you have given consent, the authorities and other organisation that use Suomi.fi Messages can send you messages (both normal and those that require confirmation of receipt) as well as documents related to decisions to Suomi.fi Messages. In that case, the messages will not be delivered by post.
Suomi.fi Messages is free of charge to the user, but the authorities may charge a separate fee for the decision they have made and sent via Suomi.fi Messages.
Specify the email address in which you want to receive notifications of received messages in the settings of the Messages service. You can also change the delivery method for messages to paper or change your email address in the settings. You can change the settings at any time.
There is no age limit for using Suomi.fi Messages. Under-age children can start to use Suomi.fi Messages themselves if they have personal devices with strong identification.
A guardian can also act on behalf of their under-age children. In order for you to be able to use Suomi.fi Messages on behalf of your under-age child, you must be the child’s legal guardian in the Population Information System. Acting on behalf of a child can be blocked in some circumstances. You can read about that in more detail on these web pages Acting on behalf of another person.
Start using Suomi.fi Messages on behalf of an under-age child:
- Log into Suomi.fi using your own personal identification device. The Identification link can be found in the top right-hand corner of each page. For more information on e-identification see the About e-Identification page.
- Activate Suomi.fi Messages for yourself.
- Transfer to acting on behalf of your child by pressing the “Act on behalf of another person” button.
- Select the child on whose behalf you wish to act.
- After making the selection, return to the messages view and you will see that you are now acting on behalf of another person. Start using messages for your under-age child. Accept the delivery of electronic messages and fill in the email address where you want to receive automatic notification of messages that arrive for your child.
You can give another person the authority to act on your behalf in Suomi.fi Messages. An e-authorisation can be described as an electronic power of attorney whose details are entered into the national authorisation register.
The authorised person can use your messages for the following transactions:
Management of electronic communications
- The authorised company can give consent for the electronic transfer of messages, to manage message settings and to read and send electronic messages on behalf of the assignor.
- The authorised company can read electronic messages on behalf of the assignor.
Reading and sending messages
- The authorised company can read and send electronic messages on behalf of the assignor.
The assignee should identify themself using a personal identifier. If the authorised person has the right to act on behalf of another person, they should always first choose the person on whose behalf they wish to act. After they have made the choice, the rights will be checked in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
Otherwise, you can use Suomi.fi Messages as you would use the service without a mandate.
Guidelines to using Suomi.fi e-Authorizations:
Grant a mandate in the Authorizations service
If you have given some other delivery information or address to the authorities when using services, the authorities will send the related notification, decision or other message according to the information you have provided. Even then, the authorities may send a copy of the message also to Suomi.fi Messages.