Request a mandate for transactions as a person
In Suomi.fi e-Authorizations, you can request a mandate for transactions from a person, company or organisation. The mandate request will only become a valid mandate for transactions after it has been validated by the party receiving it.
When you want to request a mandate in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations, identify yourself in Suomi.fi using your personal banking IDs, mobile certificate or certificate card. Instructions for identification using different identification tokens
If you cannot use Suomi.fi e-Authorizations yourself, ask the assignor to give you a mandate to use the services.
This page contains instructions for requesting a mandate for transactions in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
When you request a mandate, you are acting as an assignee. Your details will automatically be searched for in the Population Information System.
There are four stages to requesting a mandate.
Step 1: Choice of parties
The assignor is the party of whom you are requesting the right to act on behalf of.
- When requesting a mandate from a person, you will need their last name, first name or preferred first name and personal identity code. The person to whom you are submitting the mandate request must be competent and aged 18 or over.
- When you request a mandate from a company or organisation, you need the business ID of a company or organisation registered in Finland.
You can also request a mandate from a company or organisation that is not registered in Finland, if at least one mandate has previously been registered for the company using the Mandate service provided by officials. To request a mandate, you will need the VAT ID of the EU country or the national business ID of the country with which the previous mandate is registered.
If you wish, you can request a mandate from more than one person or company and organisation at one time. The same mandate request will be sent to all recipients: you will be the assignee, all the assignors will grant you the right to act on their behalf in the same e-services and the mandates will be valid for the same period of time.
Step 2: Choice of mandate themes
When requesting a mandate, select the mandate theme you wish from the list in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations. You will then only see the mandate themes that are available for private persons.
You can browse the list or search for a mandate theme by its name or part of its name. Check from the description of the mandate theme what you can do on the assignor’s behalf with each mandate.
You can select numerous mandate themes at one time. You will have to select at least one mandate theme before you can go on.
If the mandate theme you have selected uses a mandate specifier, you can, if necessary and before moving on, restrict or target the mandate to apply to certain elements or subjects only. Only use the specifier when you have agreed on its used with the assignor and you have received more detailed instructions on the e-service in which the mandate is to be used. The use of a specifier is not compulsory, and you may grant a mandate without one.
Step 3: Specifying the period of validity
A mandate must always have a start and end date.
You can specify a mandate’s period of validity by giving the relevant dates or you can select one that lasts 1, 5, 15, 20 or 25 years. The shortest period of validity for a mandate is a day and the longest is 25 years.
Step 4: Submitting a mandate request
Check the details of the mandate request:
- The assignor is a person, company or organisation on behalf of which your company or organisation can act.
- You are the assignee.
- The mandate themes you have selected and the period of validity of the mandate are correct.
If you wish to change the details before the mandate request is submitted, you can go back over these steps.
When you submit a mandate request, the request is transferred to the recipient for validation through the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations.
- If the recipient of the mandate request uses Suomi.fi Messages, the party concerned will be notified of a new mandate request there.
- If the recipient of a mandate request does not use Suomi.fi Messages, you will have to notify the recipient of the request yourself.
You will see the mandate requests you yourself have submitted on the Sent requests page in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
If you have a large number of mandate requests, you can:
- only search for mandates requested from a specific person, company or organisation with a name or identifier
- only search for the mandates you have requested with certain mandate themes or certain specifier
- limit the list based on the period of validity of the mandates.
When you select an assignor, you will see a list of all requests sent to this assignor. By selecting a mandate request, you can see the details of the mandate.
The recipient will see the mandate request under received requests in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
To ensure that the mandate you request is valid, the recipient must accept the mandate request i.e. validate the mandate. A mandate request can be validated by the assignor or any party entitled to grant a mandate on behalf of a company or an organisation. You can also reject a mandate request.
Validation means that the mandate is valid from its start date. You can change the period of validity before validation.
If the request is rejected, the mandate will never become valid and it will be invalidated from Suomi.fi e-Authorizations. The party submitting the mandate request will not receive any notification of the rejection.
Validated mandates will be visible in the mandates granted by you and in the mandates received by the assignee.
You can invalidate a mandate request if the recipient has not yet validated it. The recipient will not automatically be notified of the invalidation of a mandate request.
If the recipient has already validated a mandate request, you can cancel it by invalidating it.
You can see the mandates for transaction you have been granted in Received Mandates. When you select an assignor, you will see a list of all mandates granted by this assignor. Select a single mandate to see its details.
If you have a large number of received mandates, you can:
- search for received from a specific person, company or organisation by name or identifier
- search for mandates received with certain mandate themes or with certain specifier
- limit the list based on the duration of the mandates.
The mandates for transactions that you have received in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations are valid for a specific length of time when they are granted. You can also invalidate a mandate to its expiration.
How to invalidate a mandate:
- Select one or more assignors in the received mandates. If you select one, you will see a list of all the mandates this assignor has. If you select more than one, you will see all the mandates of all selected assignors.
- Select one or more mandates from the list for invalidation.
- Invalidate the mandates you have selected.
You will see the invalidated mandates on the Expired Mandates page. The assignee will not automatically be informed that the mandate has been invalidated.