Editing your own data in the Finnish Authenticator application
You can edit your contact information, change your password, add a new ID, and delete your account from the Personal information page of the Finnish Authenticator application.
To change your email, go to the Personal information page at the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service and select Contact Details. After entering the new email, a verification link will be sent to your new email.
To change your password, go to the Credentials page and select Password.
- Click the Change button. You will be asked to enter your old password, new password and confirm the new password.
- If your password is blocked or you have forgotten your password, and you cannot log in to the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service, you need go to Login screen and click "Forgotten password" link. You will be asked to enter your email or user identifier (UID) and a verification link will be sent to your email.
If your identification document has changed and you want to update the information on the application to reflect the change, you will have to verify your identity with your new identity document.
You can add a new identity document in following steps:
- Log in to the Finnish Authenticator Identification ServiceOpens in a new window.. with your UID or email and password.
- Go to the Personal information page and select “Update attributes by reading an identity document”. Follow the instructions.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your new identity document is registered with the Service. You will not receive the email immediately because the Customer Service must first check your information.
Please note that you can only add a new identification document to the app if you have previously verified your identity on the app.
You can request deletion of your account in Personal Information page at the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service.
- Click "Request Account Delete".
- You will be prompted to confirm the deletion.
- If you confirm it, a verification link will be sent to you.
- After the verification, your account will be blocked and deleted after data retention period is over.
The account deletion follows the rules of data retention. This means that you may request account deletion, but the account is really deleted, and all your information removed, only after the retention period is over. The retention period is 4 years, and all the information will be deleted on January 1st of the next calendar year after the retention period.
The Finnish Authenticator Identification Service stores the following information in your account:
- Your user identifier (UID)
- The email associated with your account
- Your account status
- Your personal information read from the identity document
- Personal information you have provided, such as your phone number and address
- Transactions, which you have made with your account
- Transactions, which a customer service employee has made with your account
There are functions for viewing your account profile and editing your personal information.
- In the Dashboard page, you can see an overview of your account activity.
- In the Assistance Requests page, you can view your assistance request and their status if you requested help during the ID proofing.
- In the Transactions page, you find detailed information about all actions performed with your account such as registration actions, ID proofing, changes in personal information and authentications to different e-services.
In the Personal information page you can
- view your personal information read from the document and saved in the service
- view and edit the contact details how Customer Service may communicate with you
- review document details read from your document during the ID proofing process.
If your identity document has changed and you want to change the document details, you need to perform ID proofing with a new document. In this case the change is not immediate, and you need to wait for Customer Service to review the change after you finish it.
The account menu on the top right of the main screen displays your name and UID. It provides a logout option and displays your account status.
The status may be:
- Unverified: your account is created and your UID is assigned to you but there is no identity assurance.
- Verified: you have passed the ID proofing by reading your identity document and performing face verification.
- Verified, but new ID proofing is needed: you have passed the ID proofing but a new ID proofing with the original identity document is needed for example after installing the app to a new device.