Go directly to contents.

The self-employed person’s pension insurance

If you are an entrepreneur you must usually take out pension insurance for self-employed persons (YEL) or pension insurance under the Farmers’ Pensions Act (MYEL). Your income determines how much you will pay in premiums now and how big a pension you will receive in the future. Pension insurance provides not only the state pension but also, for example, cover in case you are unable to work or a pension for those family members who outlive you. 

Your confirmed income determines how much you receive under medical insurance arrangements and your voluntary occupational accident insurance policy.  Your income also affects unemployment security and how much you get when you take parental leave. 

What services can I get?

See related services and service channels.
Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 5/2/2019