Go directly to contents.

Changing school

If you need to change schools, contact the headmaster of your current school or your class teacher. If you are moving to another locality, also contact the education authority of your new home municipality. The education authority will find out which school has a suitable class for a child.

The arrangements for a change of municipality and school for pupils in general upper secondary or vocational education are similar until the child is 18 and reaches the age of majority. From that age, their parents or guardian can no longer make decisions about a pupil’s education.

See contents related to the topic:

Changing school in the middle of the academic year

Get in touch with your present school as soon as you know the timing of the move.School is responsible for transferring information to the new school.