Go directly to contents.

Taxation of vehicles

Vehicle tax must be paid on cars, vans and lorries entered in the Finnish Transport Register, in other words, on vehicles in categories M and N. The vehicle tax is paid to the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom.

When you import a vehicle to Finland, you have pay tax to the Finnish Tax Administration. Vehicle tax must also be paid if the structure or the intended use of your car is changed after the first-time registration in a way that affects taxation. In this case, the tax is paid to Traficom.

Pay vehicle tax to Traficom 

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 8/10/2020