Go directly to contents.


The employer deducts income tax from your earnings at the withholding tax rate on your tax card. The Tax Administration determines the rate with reference to your income for the previous year.

You must pay tax yourself on inheritance, income from rents, profits on sales, return on investment, property and any gifts of value that you receive. You must also pay vehicle tax on your car or other vehicle.

Apply for a change to the tax card in the Tax Administration's electronic transaction service MyTax, by phone or by visiting a tax office.

See contents related to the topic:

Tax on property

You have to pay tax on inheritance, valuable gifts, rent income, sales profits, investment income and real estate, for instance.

Taxation of vehicles

Motor vehicle tax must be paid on all vehicles in the Finnish vehicle register.