Go directly to contents.

Before and during the trip

Before a trip abroad, make sure that at least your travel documents, travel insurance and vaccinations are in order. If you get into difficulties while travelling abroad, you can get help from the local authorities, the Finnish consulate or that of another EU country, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs Unit for Consular Assistance and the same Ministry’s 24/7 service. You can cancel a travel package contract with a tour operator before the start of the trip, but in that case you usually have to pay a cancellation fee. 

See contents related to the topic:

Before going abroad

It is worth submitting a travel notification to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs if you are travelling or moving abroad.

Problem situations when travelling or staying abroad

In an emergency, call 112 in EU countries and the local emergency call number in other countries.

Traveller's rights regarding travel packages

When you purchase a travel package from a tour operator, you have certain rights and obligations.

Vaccinations for travellers

Before travelling, it is worth finding out what vaccinations are recommended for those visiting the destination concerned and getting them in good time.