Go directly to contents.

Nordic citizens’ permits and notifications

If you are a Nordic citizen and you are moving to Finland, you do not have to apply for a residence permit or give reasons for residing in Finland. If you intend to live in Finland for over six months, register at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency one week after moving to the country. 

If you aim to set up a company electronically in the Business Information System, you need to obtain a Finnish personal identity code. If you use a paper form to submit the start-up notification, you do not need a Finnish personal identity code to set up your company.

The process of establishing a company is similar as for Finnish citizens. In certain situations, it is relevant whether the person has a permanent place of residence in the EEA or not.

Submit your start-up notification of your company electronically in the Finnish Patent and Registration Office's Business Information System (YTJ).

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 12/4/2021