Go directly to contents.

Moving from Finland and living abroad

Moving abroad is regulated by agreements between countries. You must make a notification of move if you are a Finnish citizen and you are moving to a foreign country to stay there for more than three months. Make a notification of move also when you move back to Finland. You must always notify Kela when you are moving abroad. Notify Kela if you intend to stay in a foreign country for more than 3 months.

Notification of move

Submit a notification of move when you move to a new dwelling or when you live in another address over three months.

Living and travelling in EU countries

Practical information for you who are interested in moving and travelling within EU.