Check-list for new higher education student
Remember to handle the following matters by their deadlines:
- Accept the study place you have been offered in the My Study Path serviceOpens in a new window..
- Use the OILI serviceOpens in a new window. to register at your institution of higher education.
- Where necessary submit copies of your transcripts to the educational institution.
- Pay the university of applied sciences student fee or the student union's annual membership fee as well as other possible fees.
- Pay the health care fee to Kela for each semester in OmaKelaOpens in a new window.. Kela will not issue a separate invoice for the payment.
- Request a student card or virtual student ID.
- Find out what types of aidOpens in a new window. you can receive from Kela.
- When necessary get student housing or other accommodation.
- If you move, submit a joint notification of change of address to the Local Register Offices and post office via the Posti online serviceOpens in a new window..
The Income of higher education students site includes more information on the various types of benefit, wage payments, taxation and sickness allowance.
Text edited by: Suomi.fi editorial team