Go directly to contents.

If you are unable to pay your debts

If you cannot pay you debts

  • you should immediately contact your creditors to agree on payment arrangements with them
  • if necessary, get in touch with the financial and debt counselling of your local legal aid office, or the debt line or chat of the Guarantee Foundation
  • you can seek a social loan from your municipality of residence or loan guarantees from the Guarantee Foundation
  • you may have to pay your debts through enforcement
  • as a last resort, you may seek debt arrangements for a private person.


Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 12/7/2022