Go directly to contents.

Employing a care provider or a home help

The services of a day care provider or a home help can be purchased from a company or a self-employed person. If you employ, for example, a day care provider, you become an employer yourself and will be responsible for paying the statutory pension and social insurance contributions in addition to the salary. You will also be responsible for taking care of the other employer obligations.

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 5/18/2021