Go directly to contents.

Notification of move is useful in many ways

According to Finnish legislation, you must always submit a notification of move if you move permanently into a new home or if your temporary stay at another address is longer than three months You also have to inform the authorities if you are leaving Finland to move abroad, moving to Finland from abroad or changing your address abroad. When you move from abroad to Finland, you generally have to submit the notification of move personally at a service location of the Digital and Population Data Services Agency (a local register office).

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 7/12/2021