Tax on property
Tax is payable on inheritance, valuable gifts, rent income, sales profits, investment income and real estate, for instance. The amount of tax can be estimated using online calculators and tax bracket tables.
Tax on real estate is paid to the local authority which annually sets the real estate tax percentage. Transfer tax is payable in conjunction with the acquisition of real estate or shares in housing associations. First-time home buyers are usually exempt from transfer tax.
All of Finland
- List of securities and book-entry shares 2014 form
Holdings of corporate stock, shares of cooperatives, mutual fund shares, subscription rights, option certificates, other securities
- Gift tax return form e-service
This form is for filing a gift or a gift-like sale. The recipient must submit it. It must be submitted to the Tax Administration within three months of receipt. A gift tax return must be filed whenever a received gift exceeds 4,000 in value. To estima...
- Inheritance tax return to be filled only if the decedent´s domicile at time of death was not Finland (i.e. a Finnish estate inventory deed not be writ form
An inheritor or a beneficiary uses this form for filing if the decedent lived abroad on his or her date of death and a Finnish estate inventory deed has not been drawn up. The form must be also be submitted if both the decedent and the inheritor lived ...
- 9 Capital gains and losses 2015 form
Use this form for reporting capital gains or capital losses from sales and exchanges of real property, buildings, shares in housing companies.
- Transfer tax form form
The form is used by buyers and other grantees when reporting transactions.
- 7A Profit-and-loss account for a personal source of income 2015 form
Form for reporting personally sourced taxable income and deductible expenses within a corporate entity. Also: capital gains or capital losses derived from a personal source of income.
- 71A Tax-exempt capital gains and nondeductible capital losses 2014 form
Enclosures to tax return forms 6B, 6 and 4
- Application for refund of Finnish withholding tax on other income than dividends (Individual applicant) form
- 7H Rental income 2015 / Apartment rented out form
- 12A Specification of unused tax depreciation 2015 form
This form must be completed if the company wishes to write off any previous years' unused tax depreciation, i.e. depreciation that has previously been entered in accounting but not in taxation. This form is also for reporting any depreciation for the l...
- Tax on real estate link
Real estate in Finland is subject to real estate tax.
- Buying a home and trasfer tax link
If you buy an apartment, the tax known as transfer tax will be payable. Exemptions may apply if you are a first-time homebuyer.
- Inheritance tax link
Information on inheritance tax and inventory on the estate.
- Gift tax link
Gift recipients must pay gift tax for gifts worth €4,000 or more.
- Selling your home link
Under some consequences you do not have to pay taxes on the profit gained from selling your home.
- Tax on rental income link
Rental income is taxed as capital income.
- Application for refund of Finnish withholding tax on dividends (Individual applicant) form
This form is for refunds requested after the calendar year of payment.