Tax on property
Tax is payable on inheritance, valuable gifts, rent income, sales profits, investment income and real estate, for instance. The amount of tax can be estimated using online calculators and tax bracket tables.
Tax on real estate is paid to the local authority which annually sets the real estate tax percentage. Transfer tax is payable in conjunction with the acquisition of real estate or shares in housing associations. First-time home buyers are usually exempt from transfer tax.
All of Finland
- Application for refund of Finnish withholding tax on other income than dividends (Individual applicant) form
- Gift tax return form
Use this form also to reprt any income received through inheritance or under a will if the deceased's domicile was other than Finland.
- Application for refund of Finnish withholding tax on dividends (Individual applicant) form
This form is for refunds requested after the calendar year of payment.
- 9A Computation of capital gains or losses derived from securities and book-entry securities 2014 form
For purposes of completion the Pre-Completed Tax Return, fill in Form 9A, the information that is not included in Pre-Completed Tax Return.
- List of securities and book-entry shares 2014 form
Holdings of corporate stock, shares of cooperatives, mutual fund shares, subscription rights, option certificates, other securities
- 7K Rental income 2014 / Real property rented out form
- 62 Itemization of reserves and depreciation of fixed assets 2014 form
The form is used with The tax return form for companies and cooperative societies.
- Annual information return:
Paid interest on which tax has been withheld at source form
- 62 Itemization of reserves, revaluations and depreciaton of fixed assets 2013 form
- 9 Capital gains and losses 2015 form
Use this form for reporting capital gains or capital losses from sales and exchanges of real property, buildings, shares in housing companies.
- 12A Specification of unused tax depreciation 2014 form
Enclosures to tax return forms 6B, 6 and 4.
- 71A Tax-exempt capital gains and nondeductible capital losses 2014 form
Enclosures to tax return forms 6B, 6 and 4
- 5 Business tax return for business operators and self-
employed persons 2014 form
This form is for business operators and self-employed persons.
- Tax on real estate link
Real estate in Finland is subject to real estate tax.
- Inheritance tax link
Information on inheritance tax and inventory on the estate.
- Buying a home and trasfer tax link
If you buy an apartment, the tax known as transfer tax will be payable. Exemptions may apply if you are a first-time homebuyer.
- Gift tax link
Gift recipients must pay gift tax for gifts worth €4,000 or more.
- 7H Rental income 2014 / Apartment rented out form
- Transfer tax form form
The form is used by buyers and other grantees when reporting transactions.