First page / Services by topic / Migration / Moving abroad / Change of address notification

Change of address notification

A change of address notification must always be completed when a Finnish national goes abroad to live for more than three months or moves back to Finland. Furthermore, if someone moves from one address to another while they are still abroad, the new address must be notified to the local register office in Finland either directly or through the local Finnish diplomatic representation.

Kela should always be informed of a move or temporary stay abroad, even if the stay will be for less than a year. The right of those moving abroad to Finnish social security benefits is normally decided with reference to the length of the stay. Kela must also be informed of changes to circumstances, such as a return to Finland, or starting or finishing work or a period of study or research work abroad, or of access to the social security system in the country of residence.

Show content: Most viewed first In alphabetical order

Go to the Public Service Info website.
Go to the's Workspace - information and services for authorities.
Go to the Enterprise Finland website.