First page / Services by topic / Housing and construction

Housing and construction

The type of housing people choose depends on their life situation. Part-ownership and right-of-occupancy housing are alternatives to owning property and renting. Those on low incomes can receive a housing allowance, regardless of the type of their homes.

Creating a safe and healthy living environment is first and foremost the responsibility of the local authority. A building permit from the municipality is required in order to start building. A permit may also be required for renovation if major alterations are to be carried out.

Show content: Most viewed first In alphabetical order

Send link

The “Send link” functionality lets you add pages to your bookmarks and send pages by e-mail to the recipients of your choice. You can also share content with your network in social networking services. Using these services is usually free of charge, but they require user registration.

XML Page updated on 10.10.2014
Go to the Public Service Info website.
Go to the's Workspace - information and services for authorities.
Go to the Enterprise Finland website. editorial team | State Treasury