First page / Services by topic / Families and social services / Disability


Everyone has the right to live an equal life and to participate in society irrespective of any disability. Local authorities are responsible for providing the services required by the disabled and for helping disabled people to cope in their home environment.

Rehabilitation, education and help with daily life are available to people with various disabilities. Kela can advise on financial support intended for the disabled. Disabled people can, for example, receive exemption from vehicle tax.

A written application must normally be made to the local authority when applying for services. Help and advice in applying for municipal services are provided by social workers responsible for services for the disabled.

Special organisations for the disabled provide help and advice as well as a way of making the voices of the disabled heard.

Show content: Most viewed first In alphabetical order

Send link

The “Send link” functionality lets you add pages to your bookmarks and send pages by e-mail to the recipients of your choice. You can also share content with your network in social networking services. Using these services is usually free of charge, but they require user registration.

XML Page updated on 17.05.2013
Go to the Public Service Info website.
Go to the's Workspace - information and services for authorities.
Go to the Enterprise Finland website. editorial team | State Treasury