First page / Services by topic / Families and social services / Child care / Child daycare and support for caring for small children

Child daycare and support for caring for small children

All children under school age are entitled to receive municipal day care after the period of parental allowance. One of the parents of a child aged under three can remain at home on child care leave and receive financial assistance. Both parents cannot be on child care leave at the same time. Financial assistance is also available for private care if a child under school age is cared for by a private day care provider.

The parent of a child under three years of age or a small school-aged child may apply to Kela for a part-time child care allowance if they are required to reduce the number of working hours to care for the child.

Show content: Most viewed first In alphabetical order

Send link

The “Send link” functionality lets you add pages to your bookmarks and send pages by e-mail to the recipients of your choice. You can also share content with your network in social networking services. Using these services is usually free of charge, but they require user registration.

XML Page updated on 29.09.2014
Go to the Public Service Info website.
Go to the's Workspace - information and services for authorities.
Go to the Enterprise Finland website. editorial team | State Treasury